• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize

tantalize

I'll have a reason good enough

I'll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

Rejection. It made one’s blood fester, one’s soul blacken. That sting of jealousy (why was I rejected, why am I not good enough? Smart enough? Pretty enough?) she knows so well. Feeling it time after time, over and over again. She feels it now, when the heavy words fall from his lips. I shouldn’t have come..” The way her heart drops in her chest, the effect it has as it plays across the shadowed ridges of her face. It’s not to be.... But for once, she is wrong.

She can still feel the heat on her lips, the taste of him. It’s a pleasant sensation when she realizes that she is not flooded with bad memories. His kiss was new, exciting, filled with potential. As he speaks, as she feels phantom lips pressed to her own in remembrance, she slowly comes to terms that perhaps there is a chance for her. To overcome the unpleasantness of her past. The risk is so great, she thinks as she gazes deeply into the raging storm of crimson. Seeing the truth of him. I have nothing to lose.

Everything he says, she feels the same. Looking at him, feeling that stoke of flame within her. ”I lost my fire a long time ago…” She whispers, unable to keep herself from lightly brushing against his muzzle again. Hesitant, wondering. ”This is the first time in centuries I’ve felt it again.” Already feeling slightly more bold, just a small taste of what she had once been. That gilded stare peering into him, tempting him. ”Perhaps one day… You’ll share yours with me.”

Never has she felt so conflicted, wanting to drown in his flames and run away at the same time. The nagging thought in the back of her head, that this could end badly. That this may kill her. She had hidden herself for so long, withdrawn into herself for so long. But he makes her feel reckless and wild. Draws out the temptations in her that had been forgotten. He makes her feel young.

The moon is bright but already the dawn is threatening in the distance. What seemed like minutes had been hours. He has a kingdom to run and she…. She has much to think about. ”When will I see you again?” She asks rather coquettishly, letting her lips linger near his. Allowing herself to bathe in this new affection, allowing herself to feel again.

Messages In This Thread
    this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-09-2017, 11:09 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-10-2017, 12:53 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-10-2017, 02:07 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 12:07 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 09:51 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-13-2017, 12:38 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-14-2017, 01:11 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Tantalize - 09-14-2017, 01:38 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-14-2017, 11:24 PM