• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; ledger

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

Relief floods through him when finally Smoak gives up his volcano adventure. At least there was one argument with Ellyse he could avoid. In his head he scolds Dahmer’s bad parenting, letting the boy run around on his own. He had been lucky the one eyed stallion was here. The nerve of the man to even question hurting the child.... The anger rises in the back of his throat, bubbling like the magma that curdles beneath them. Forcing it back though as Smoak tilts his head at him with curiosity.

Noticing the boy’s blackened hooves, he realizes they would both need a quick rinse. With a soft nudge on a bony shoulder in the direction of the ocean, he begins to trek towards it. When the boy mentions the bear with a conspirator’s whisper, he can’t help but chuckle lowly. ”Yes, the bear thing.” He wonders who had shared that tidbit of information with him, preferring it was Ellyse.

At least his compromise is met with enthusiasm and it’s hard to suppress the smile that reaches to his one eye. ”I don’t see why not. I doubt your dad will be able to take you being busy with the Guard now.” Hiding his contempt for the man, he would not put his feelings on the son. ”Whichever one is chosen for me, but if you have one in mind perhaps I can suggest it.”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-06-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Ledger - 09-13-2017, 11:39 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM