• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; ledger

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

The boy is restless, wanting more freedom. Little does he know that one day he may long for an easier time. Easy days lacking responsibility. Of course the colt is disappointed, a pout pulling the corner of his mouth down as he pleads for Ledger to come with. Hesitation in the depths of gold, or is it fear? The bear threatens to come out if he dares, his heart palpating weirdly in his chest. Already the heat making him break into a fine sheen of sweet that slicks over his scarred coat.

”Not today buddy.” He replies firmly, moving closer to the colt that is already sinking into the charcoal earth. Reaching over to grasp a hold of the back of his neck and pull him slightly up. Ellyse would never forgive him if he let her son be swallowed by lava. There’s a pang within him as the boy mentions that both parents had thought him trustworthy. He’s not sure if he quite believes that, the encounter with Dahmer still fresh in his mind.

A sigh as he looks down at him, leveling the boy. ”Unfortunately I've never been to the top of the volcano. My…. condition does not allow it.” There is an idea forming in the back of his mind, a consolation prize. ”How about I talk with your parents and if they agree, you accompany me on my next Diplomatic visit?” Looking into the colt’s face, to see if this may be agreeable enough to get him off the sweltering slope. ”I promise the kingdoms are more exciting then a silly old volcano.”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-06-2017, 07:08 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 11:55 AM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Ledger - 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: keep a little fire burning; ledger - by Smoak - 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM