• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any]
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Despite his original apprehension, a small part of Dahmer is pleased that he has happened upon Ledger today. He makes sure to keep his approach nonthreatening and even ignores the way the one-eyed stallion's ears immediately hide within his flaxen mane. He halts a comfortable distance away (he'd rather not pretend they are friends, nor even impartial acquaintances), though close enough that the tumultuous shoreline does not drown out their words entirely. The black thoroughbred doesn't expect Ledger to acknowledge his apology, nor does it really matter, but it gives the former councilman a segue into a real conversation with him.

At first, Dahmer is unsure whether or not Ledger has heard him. Or, decided to ignore him. But then, his brilliant blue eyes see the change in Ledger's muzzle, the way sharp teeth drop from beneath his lip. Dahmer's own ears flick so that they face backwards, but he keeps them at half-mast in an indication of disapproval. He has known a shifter or two, so the change is less fearsome than it is startling - it's the fangs that keep Dahmer on edge now, even as Ledger grows large and turns to an icy white.

"Don't mistake my request for an accusation," he spits back at the other stallion, his blue eyes hard as they glare at Ledger, "would you not ask the same?"

Dahmer falls silent and loosens his muscles, which had grown taut during his acquaintance's shift of appearance. His flared nostrils flutter at a sudden gust of wind that catches feathered wings and brushes his dark forelock across his face, but his icy gaze never falters.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 07-30-2017, 08:51 AM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 08-19-2017, 05:00 PM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 09-04-2017, 12:18 PM