• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

The sound of someone approaching breaks his dark thoughts and he freezes with anticipation. Perhaps it is Ellyse and there is a glimmer of hope in the depth of his flecked eye. It is another cruel trick of fate that the figure rounding the corner is not her but him. Instantly his face falls, ears flattening and obscured by a thick mass of flaxen hair. Oh wonderful, just what he needs. To have Dahmer thrown in his face once more, salt rubbed into an already bleeding wound.

He notices the winged stallions expression, the uncertainty. It confirms what he had suspected, the reason the tension spread between them. He knows that something lingers between Ellyse and Dahmer, something more than friendship and a one night stand. He does not blame the child, the sins of the parents are never the fault of the child.

The dark stallion offers him a polite smile but he does not return it, his gaze colder than the icy blue iris’s of his competition. His lips are thin, pressed together, skeletal frame taunt with agitation. He waits for Dahmer to leave but he doesn’t. Instead he seems to settle before him, cocking a hip as if he means to stay before giving his exasperated request. At first he is stunned then confused. Why would he ever punish the child? Of course Dahmer is being an overprotective parent, it reminds him of Magnus. His thoughts naturally turn to his own father which naturally leads to that festering rage that prods the bear within him.

Without realizing it, sharp teeth protrude beneath his upper lip. His reddish fur paling until it turns an icy white. His skeletal figure enlarging. He does not turn completely into the bear but the two are becoming more merged every day, harder to separate. "I would never hurt a child.” He spits out but it sounds more like a snarl. Of course Dahmer has no idea what his own childhood had been like or the way it had haunted him every day of his meager life. He could never inflict any kind of pain on an innocent, not after what had been done to the colt he had once been.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 07-30-2017, 08:51 AM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Ledger - 08-17-2017, 11:58 AM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 08-19-2017, 05:00 PM
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Dahmer - 09-04-2017, 12:18 PM