• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

The first waves of the black’s suspicion heighten every predatory instinct within her. Through a smiling mouth she clenches her square teeth together and suppresses the urge to shift, something in the wild nature of this visitor excites every base law nature has ever taught her - passed on through the generations of wolves before her. There’s a rawness to the girl’s movements, hesitance displayed in every twitch of muscle or jerk of her unsteady eye. Circinae is very aware that this newcomer lacks the confidence magical abilities give to their kind, and that awareness has her easing back a step. “For the poor girl’s comfort.” She tells herself, unwilling to acknowledge that she needed the distance equally as much for her own reasons.

“The very place.” She confirms pleasantly, settling into a comfortable position. The tension between them seems to ebb and Circy exhales quietly, shoulders dropping as relaxation soothes her worried bones. Her companion chatters briefly, the mention of Jinju adding a curious spark to her blue eyes while she watches the mare gain her bearings. Every kingdom boasted its own trophy of sorts, the mark of distinction that made it unique; Tephra possessed a ravenous volcano, Nerine sharp cliffs, and Tiaga had her towering redwoods. It was certainly a sight the first time Circy’s own eyes had taken them in and ever since then, that same joy sprang to life inside of her when a wanderer was awed into silence by their stately sentinels.

“Well Briseis, any person lucky enough to secure @[Jinju]’s invitation is a welcome friend in my eyes. Come in, if it suits you, and we’ll go find her together.” The pony mare chirps, navy tail swirling absentmindedly at her hocks. Jinju had been shadowy as of late, consumed with the duty of motherhood (a struggle and joy Circinae herself knew very well) but nonetheless she’d remained within the borders. The shifter has no doubt they’ll be successful in their search.

“My name is Circinae, but most call me Circy and yes - there are wolves here.” She tells Briseis, a warm grin spreading over her features and lighting her eyes with a tepid glow. She swings aside, moving to roll back in the direction she materialized from before tilting her head once more over her shoulder where her guest waits. “Though I think you’ll find their bark worse than their bite.” The upbeat mare winks.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Circinae - 07-10-2017, 10:21 AM
    RE: you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Circinae - 07-21-2017, 10:15 AM