• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    The call that sounds into the air causes her to stop in her tracks. Her muscles go rigid, and her head lifts, both ears flinging forward. With flared nostrils she can detect the faintest scent of something that resembles a canine, and her years of living alone, away from society, has caused her fight or flight instincts to be stronger than most in Beqanna’s probably were. Fighting was rarely an option, since living alone meant she was almost always outnumbered, and already her legs are tense as they ready themselves to flee. But from around the trunk of a giant red tree appears a mare, and the look that crosses her face is a perplexed one. The scent still lingers, but Briseis stills her uneasy legs, surveying the odd colored mare as she approaches.

She was still getting used to all the peculiarities of this land, and while the vibrant array of colors were no longer quite so alarming, the powers that some here possessed were still new to her. In fact, she had never actually witnessed any of them with her own eyes, and that is why the confusion on her face has been replaced with something closer to suspicion. The other mare speaks, and the tone of her voice seems friendly enough, and slowly the black mustang begins to loosen her taut muscles. ”Is this Taiga?” She asks, her brown eyes looking around once more. Without much to go off of, she couldn’t be sure, but she was fairly certain that wherever she was, it was not a common ground such as the meadow or forest. And even though she was new to Beqanna and it wasn’t at all similar to the herd life she was accustomed to in her old home, she was sure that trespassing was not taken kindly here either. ”Jinju invited me. I met her awhile ago, but I only just made it.” The name is dropped in hopes that if this indeed was Taiga that sharing something familiar would give her some sort of validity in being here, that she was not someone that was here to bring harm.

”My name is Briseis.” There is a slight pause, taking in the green and blue mare, before asking hesitantly, ”Was that a wolf that I heard earlier?” Or was it you, is the unsaid portion of her question the remains trapped on her tongue.
    briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Circinae - 07-10-2017, 10:21 AM
    RE: you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Briseis - 07-18-2017, 11:56 AM
    RE: you're dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Circinae - 07-21-2017, 10:15 AM