• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

But I think that we missed our connection [Ellyse/Offspring/Any]
    Ellyse
    I know some things that you don't; I've done things that you won't
    there's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home
      She can feel him tracing every line, crevice and fissure of her body, and a shiver traverses the length of her spine, gently plucking at each individual vertebra. She can still remember the warmth of his breath, hot against her skin, and the feel of his teeth grazing at the base of her neck – wicked thoughts, simmering at the surface beneath the glare of the steadfast sun. There is still a gleam of hunger hidden within his heavily lidded eye, and she can sense the warmth of his wildly pounding heart even with such a deep void lingering between them, and yet – there is no frown of displeasure, nor any uncertainty in his own gaze.

He had come to find her; she was who he was seeking – and the heaviness of that realization is enough to make her own heart pound harder within her chest, thundering louder than the harsh and raucous sea that lay behind him. She is overwhelmed in the moment, with the memory of his mouth against her own, the heated fervor of their argument, the wild and unruly history that lay between them – forgotten in the heat of the moment, but remembered in the pale light of morning. She is hormonal, and emotional, but steady and calm – but beneath the solidity of her stoic exterior, she is the roiling ocean itself, emotion washing over her in thick waves that she can hardly conceal.

And then he utters her name, just as she had said his own – and there is a brief silence, accompanied only by the rustling of a seaward gale weaving its way through the swaying vegetation behind her, interrupted by a humorous line from his lips. His smile is warm, and genuine, and it stirs her heart to bloom and swell within her chest – a beautiful smile. She had felt him smile against her skin beneath the pale moonlight; she had seen his mouth turned up with the faintest simper while in the embrace of slumber – but now, he is smiling at her, and she has never seen anything more striking.

She does laugh, but softly, the corners of her eyes dampened with unshed tears – there is a faint swelling to her barrel, though she does not permit him (nor any other) to see willingly. She is to be a mother again, but under less than desirable circumstances, and if there is any shame, it is not for the night shared between she and Ledger – but for what the recklessness of a broken heart had wrought upon her with another, before she had even met him.

She is certain that the unborn child growing within her belly is not his own – the timing was not sensible, but as her own longing to nestle closer to him is growing, so does her dread. He would never want her; not once he knew the truth.

He has averted his gaze, but she is still watchful, tracing the scarring along the right side of his face, and the void where another vivid, stunning eye should be.

Why did you leave, Ellyse?

Oh, and how her heart aches –

”I didn’t want to,” she murmurs, nearly a whisper – but she is soon moving closer to him, touching her pale lips against his jaw, pressing against the crevice of his neck to feel his pulse thundering beneath her mouth, where a single, soft kiss is lain. ”I didn’t know what to do, Ledger,” she says, her confession heavy, ”I wasn’t certain if – if any of it had meant anything to you.”

The way it meant to me.
    head of war of tephra
    daughter of elysium & speck

@[Ledger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: But I think that we missed our connection [Ellyse/Offspring/Any] - by Ellyse - 07-14-2017, 02:25 AM