• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

god make me pay like the devil i am - kylin
    god make me pay,
    like the devil i am
    The darkness of the tropical foliage enshrouds them with its shade, a feeling that causes Maugrim to feel a bit stifled and trapped, like a rat in a cage. His muscles flex beneath his patterned skin as he shifts his weight from one leg to another, his tail flicking absentmindedly against his flank. Twin. The information is delicious and he wonders how long it will take for the winged stallion to arrive, to try and pry her from Maugrim’s presence and hide her away from him. Inwardly, he laughs. Now that Maugrim had gotten a look at her, a whiff of her sweet scent, Kharon could never be able to hide her well enough to keep him from her.

There is one thing that Maugrim does not know, and it is the one thing that will ultimately keep him from ever being able to truly target Kharon – he is unaware of the other stallion’s ability to read his mind. The realization would explain it so well: why had Kharon shown so much animosity to a bruised and broken colt upon meeting Maugrim? Of course, if Kylin could read his mind, she would have the same notion.

Fortunately, she cannot.

His mind cranks and turns, focusing on his conversation with the lovely lavender and pearlescent girl beside him, while at the same time strategizing. “I would like it to be,” he admits, his voice trailing off and his eyes darting back to the water that sparkles before them. Maugrim didn’t have friends – he didn’t need them; they are nearly always a means to an end. Levi was nothing important, but he had been able to repair the damage to his badly broken shoulder that would have caused him his death. A means to an end. Deathwish is nothing, but Maugrim knew to not be on the bad side of her powerful ability; he will play nice to stay alive. “I don’t exactly feel welcome in the more populated parts of Ischia, unfortunately. I stay here by myself mostly.”

But a causal relationship with her, with Kylin, he knew could cause irreparable rage and damage to her relationship with Kharon and possibly others. For the winged stallion to know his true intentions but not able to convince his sister to stay away? The idea was delectable and worth the trouble of socializing with her.

He does not say anymore to her and leaves it at that, a shrug to his shoulder to maybe cast off the idea as if it did not bother him. She may pry him a little bit more and he would allow it, because that’s how friendships work, right? That’s how he gains her trust, right? Her sympathy and pity?

He smiles easily, his dark eyes finding her and nodding enthusiastically in response to her suggestion at going near the water. He wonders if he can control himself once they get there; the water is his strength and weakness all in one. Closer to the sea he will become less in control of his mannerisms and thoughts, the call of being beneath its surface might be too much. He doesn’t care, though.

If she cannot trust him, cannot find him likeable, he could easily throw her beneath the surface until she does.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: god make me pay like the devil i am - kylin - by Maugrim - 07-07-2017, 08:31 AM