• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma

The night is dark...
    It had been a good day, a really excellent one as a matter of fact. Remembering didn’t hurt as bad as it used to, especially when there was someone around that remember with me. Kerberos was different now, not the same as before and that gave me these weird not-shivers when he smiled just a particular way or I watched him talk to Kali. It was a wiggling in my stomach, a…feeling of wow. I don’t know. It’s hard to explain exactly what it was I was feeling and until I could put a name to it, I tried not to think too much about it.

Except when he watched Kali with utter devotion and pride…and love.
    Which is all the time.

I release the sigh inaudibly as he turns to watch Kali. His smile at her makes me want to just cuddle right up to him myself, but instead Kali’s voice pulls me from my thoughts. I laugh as she dances across the water, turning and running back as fast as her little legs would carry her. The water was beautiful, all glowy beneath a dark sky full of stars and a moon that was slowly growing heavier. It was gorgeous by itself, but with them next to me, well, it was indescribable.

She turns those sleepy eyes upon me and I go back far enough up the sand that we won’t wash away while we sleep and settle down in the still warm sand. She cozies up to me and I smile, brushing my lips briefly against her forehead and watch in amusement as she turns those same little eyes and that small smile upon her dad. He folds against it, just as easily as I do and I shake my head ever so slightly at both of us. She had us both wrapped around her tiny hooves. Imp.

Kerberos does this neat little trick that turns us into a heater as the iron shifts and slides over our bodies, trapping all that lovely body heat around us. I smile as she lays her head against my shoulder and then, with an ability I envy, she falls asleep. I touch my lips to her lightly before Kerberos draws my attention back to him. “It’s okay. We didn’t have much personal space when I grew up, if you remember.” I say a small smile curling my lips. “It’s actually kind of nice, handy too.” I say with a nod towards Kali. “If it is what she likes.” A soft smile as I watch her before I drag my eyes back to him again. That weird…

No, shutup Roma. Don’t think about it.

“Tell me what you have been up too since you and Tycho.” Oh, good distraction Roma. Maybe that will help me keep from thinking about the fact that -. Nope, not thinking about it.
    ...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; roma - by Roma - 07-01-2017, 07:42 AM