• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Precarious Son [any family]

If anyone was to understand why he had needed to do it, it would be Offspring.

But Levi did not come home for companionship, comradery or to be understood. Does the ‘why’ matter? He had wanted to see the fire stretch from his toes to the horizon, and he had. He wanted to feel power, to see them squirm. And he had. Was that a good answer? Because I wanted too.

No, it was a childish reason and he knows it.

But his father’s investigation did not stop there, “And to what degree did you burn it?” That was a concreate question, with an answer he was ready to provide.“There is a lake in the middle of the territory and three rivers flow from it.” Details. Hyaline is divided into three pieces by these waters, and the north eastern portion is where we… attacked.” Attack wasn’t the word he wanted to use, but it was the word on hand. “So, about a third, half at most.”

He had not stayed until the morning to evaluate the extent of the damage, but he knew that the flames could not have crossed the wide rivers with no aid from him.

Too late, he realizes the other piece of information he had given away - We.

Well, no use in pretending that was all you now.  

So, he continues. “One of Hyaline’s leaders, Iset, played a part. She does not deserve to be a princess… or whatever she is.” He hadn’t planned on giving away any details about the others, but Iset stood apart from the rest - she was unique in her dual involvement as victim and perpetrator. Was that cowardice, blame shifting?

No. It is an important detail. And his father needed details. “If I stay, you will be taking responsibility for my actions.” That night in Hyaline, events had escalated quicker than Levi had foreseen. The sacking of the eastern side of an entire territory would not go unaddressed. But the king already knew this.

Offspring’s eyes flash, impossibly hot, and for a second Levi believes he is about to lash out. But he doesn’t flinch in anticipation, maybe that was his inexperience showing. Luckily, his father chooses words instead of violence and Levi listens carefully – a pupil.

I won’t be a pawn is what he thought but “If I stay I will be useful.” Is what he says, his confidence returning.

Father, I want you to see me as a valuable.  

His mind was active and always churning. Nothingness, grazing, chatting and bathing would drive him into the not so distant arms of insanity. Idleness was not in his nature; his body was young and supernaturally fueled by his fire and immortality. He had a need for excitement which was masquerading as darkness. He didn’t know how to answer his inner turmoil, but maybe Offspring did – wasn’t that why he was king?

He was not yet ready to make something of himself, he could barely claim the title of stallion. He wanted more than a home, he wanted direction. If he had only been seeking a place to exist The Forest would have served him as well, or better than, Tephra. He wants what only his father can give him.

“I want to learn.” He nearly growls, not from agitation, from conviction.

I will be your red left hand.  

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

Messages In This Thread
    The Precarious Son [any family] - by Levi - 06-17-2017, 12:21 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Offspring - 06-25-2017, 08:48 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Levi - 06-27-2017, 01:13 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Offspring - 06-27-2017, 03:31 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Levi - 06-28-2017, 03:42 PM
    RE: The Precarious Son [any family] - by Offspring - 07-17-2017, 07:27 PM