• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah]
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

There’s something undeniably different about Jah-Lilah. From her name, to her overall appearance, to the accent in her tone; Circinae’s curiosity is hooked. Certainly she wasn’t a beqanna descendant - that would be too impossible to be true. The creatures here were obsessed with paltry things like recognition and power, whereas Jah seemed to be much too light-hearted for such games. Circy likes her. “Your name is a mouthful like mine, if you don’t mind me saying.” The shifter laughs, “So I’ll call you Jah.”

The intimacy of their introduction is primal, something that Circinae can relate to and appreciate when she’d become so accustomed to formal greetings, so the feeling of hot breath over her face and the sound of light squeals in the air takes her back to the old days - before the reckoning. Her own head bobs gently, lips parting to nip the air above Jah’s cheek playfully before she replies, “Who says we’re far from home, hmm?” Her eyes dart around the Meadow, trying to jokingly pinpoint the imaginary gossip. She returns to Jah’s attention with a warm smile to match the earth-loving mare’s energy, ears tipping forward. “For all you know we could be very, very close.”

They were, but then again they weren’t. No need for her new friend to understand such things though. “And you? What lured you away from your home?”

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-19-2017, 06:48 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 06-23-2017, 07:54 AM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 07-03-2017, 06:58 PM
    RE: With stones to weigh my pockets down [Jah-Lilah] - by Circinae - 07-05-2017, 02:24 PM