• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burning in the dark for a long time; krigare
    He allowed the water to lap at his hooves for a few minutes, deciding finally to back away from the seas grasp. His legs grew dark with the water that reached for him slowly, before pulling away once more. The crabs , once realizing they wouldnt get a rise out of him, scurried under the sand. As he watched them , Spark began to speak to him again.

"Lets just say I didnt have many friends when I was younger." 

Krigare smiled, digging his hooves into the warm sand. His voice was tight, but the memories no longer pulled his strings as they once had. Gulls called above them as they flew over the stretch of blue that rolled quietly before them. 

Dark ears flattened in surprise as the birds swooped into the ocean, appearing once more with fish. Once the creatures were satisfied with their meal they left once more. Leaving the two equines with the sea and a hanging question.

"The sea is like ..well like the sea. You can see straight to the bottom if you wanted too. Beings call it home, they exist there much like we exist here."

He tossed his head back towards the volcano, though his forest eyes stayed dead set on the expanse before them.

"The volcano however..... The volcano is layers upon layers of rock. Its only resident the magma within. Its certainly mysterious to me."

Me'  He said this because he felt that if Spark wanted to march straight into that Volcano it wouldnt harm her. She would simply flourish in it much like the fish did in the sea. She was the fire that burned in the heart of the black mountain. The heat could not be foreign to the pale mare like it was to Krigare. 

His coal tail flicked lamely at his legs. Bored with his own voice, he became quiet after this. He glanced at her briefly before looking back out to the ocean. 

"Do you like the ocean, Spark?"

The question was pure. He just wished to know more about this mare. He knew her name, and where she lived. But he knew nothing about her. He planned to ask questions until she asked him to stop, and if she wished to ask about him. She could. He would answer honestly.
    [Image: krigare_by_voltum-dbctewi.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burning in the dark for a long time; krigare - by Krigare - 06-22-2017, 05:14 PM