• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

Is this a new ghost sent to haunt him? A new trial for him to face? How much more did he need to overcome? Did the gods really want his death that badly? She speaks in riddles and his bewilderment expands. It takes him a moment to register the name she bestows upon him, it’s actually quite funny. Three scars. Sounds formidable which he of course is not, not in this form at least. He could almost laugh. Almost.

Perception was in the mind but this was a physical change, laid out before him. There’s a growing dread that’s spreading into his chest, dark fingers squeezing at his heart. ”What has happened to the Gates?” He doesn’t know her name, hasn’t even asked or offered his own. It’s not important. He doesn’t care about his rudeness. He only wants to know the answers, figure out what lies before him now.

If everything was gone then where would he go? Here he stands in the same Meadow and he knows it’s the same, the familiarity of patches of trees and rocks and surrounding fence line of forest which ties to a river. He doesn’t know that these themselves have been separated when once upon a time they had all just been melded. How could this be? It’s worst then he knows. And while the dread crawls through his body, the bear remains uncharacteristically still.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Ledger - 06-21-2017, 02:44 PM