• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

god make me pay like the devil i am; deathwish
    make me pay,
    like the devil i am
    Like a crocodile that lingers in wait beneath the dark and murky waters for its prey, so did he.

Places for him to hide himself in the forest were hard to come by, but when he finds a small and shallow pond, he does not hesitate to step into it, melting into its abyss with ease. It welcomes him with cool and gentle fingers, pulling him apart until he is nothing but the water itself, emptying into nothingness. It is here that he waits, beneath its surface and protection, lurking.

His attempt to soothe the grumble in his chest is no longer satisfied by the small game that he so expertly drags into the depths. Maugrim’s hunger was not that of a physical appetite, but something much more. To feel the struggle beneath his powerful grip, to know he held their life in his will – it is like a feast to him. Rabbits, birds, turtles…it no longer brought him any reprieve to watch their bodies become lifeless within the darkness, twitching idly before he releases them from his grasp, to watch them float and rot on the surface above him. He needs more, and so far, he has been unsuccessful.

Therefore, he waits, idly swirling within the water. He will stay here for hours, simply waiting.

Time passes and before long, a face stares down into the depths, his depths. He feels himself pricking with excitement, remaining perfectly still just as the glass-like surface of the pond that reflects her face. The soft angles of her face give way to a gentle lavender glow, like a pretty pearl hidden away in the shell of an oyster. Her eyes glitter like silver treasures, sparkling and unnoticing of the threat that lurks just inches away from her face. He recognizes her, he knows her, but he doesn’t care. The hunger intensifies. He tenses, readying himself, waiting for just the right moment.

The swift and forceful surge befalls her, throwing off her balance and allowing him to carry her into the shallow waters. He holds her down just below the surface, where she could still see the light of day around her but not reach through to sip on the cool, autumn air. In his ecstasy of her struggle, the sounds and sights bringing him to a blissful state, parts of his body begin to solidify beneath the water’s trembling surface, evergreen and pearl beginning to show and give away his presence.

It did not matter to him, though. Her struggle would soon be over, and he enjoys when their eyes look to him in fear.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Deathwish]
    <3

Messages In This Thread
    god make me pay like the devil i am; deathwish - by Maugrim - 06-20-2017, 11:37 AM