• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we have arrived; the lost boys, residents of hyaline
    tangerine
    face to the sun

She likes to look for the good in others, but her instincts are screaming at her to get away. Some have fight but Tang has flight. She is a lover, not a fighter and that is not going to change tonight. The dark silhouette moves closer, and she spins as quickly as she can to leave. To find Amet, anyone other than this dark form framed by fire. But she doesn’t get far before she finds herself on the ground, a scream echoing in the air around her. One of her hocks is searing, but the adrenaline in her system keeps her from being debilitated by the burn.

She is quickly on her feet again and crashing through the trees, blindly going anywhere that is not there. She nearly collides with Amet and her heart clenches in her chest “No! Don’t, go that way!” But he isn’t leaving her and she buries her head in his neck and heaves a sob. She is confused and hurt, inside and out.

But soon they are not alone, and she balks at the presence of the stranger. Putting Amet between the two of them. She is no warrior queen.

The stranger seems to know her dragon and her mind calms.

But her leg is still burning.

“Amet, you need to find your siblings, they may need your help…” she says threw gritted teeth. "There were voices... That way." She gestures in the direction of the first sound which had awoken her, before the flames had started. The heat in her leg is raging and she thinks of the cool lake waters. “I’m going to go down to the lake, I will hide in the waters and soak my leg… don’t worry about me.” She musters a week smile and places a kiss on his lips before turning to shamble down the mountain.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we have arrived; the lost boys, residents of hyaline - by Tangerine - 06-19-2017, 07:30 AM