• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burning in the dark for a long time; krigare
    the incense that sun on prairie offers to sky
    She leads him for a while then falls back, lingering to watch him stare in awe at the monolith that dominates the landscape. Listens, as he tells it is really is beautiful and she smiles, pleased that he is so agreeable. She sees him grimace at the embers that touch him, burn his flesh and make his hair smoke and for a moment, she pities him and wonders why she cannot feel those things any more until the fire inside says because you are me and I am you.

He is a book of dark brown pages lined in black that she enjoys reading. Every glimpse of his green eyes reveals his emotions plainer than the expressions on his face do. He is worried about her, she can see that and opens her mouth to tell him not to but he comes to that conclusion all on his own. What makes her take a step towards him, even brush her nose tenderly against the thick of his neck, is the way he outwardly seems to deflate and fall in on himself. Had she seen too much?

Spark knew she was far too observant at times, too keen on the emotions that moved like clouds across others’ faces. It was a favored pastime she shared with her brother, horse-watching and guessing at the stories that showed plain as day on some and sulked like dark hurt shadows on others. This one, he seemed somewhere in between, defiant but courteous, in love with exploration but yearning to anchor himself to some place in the world - maybe, in hers’ - in Tephra’s.

For every smile that he gave her, she gave him one back.
    She laughs; “Most of us have been confused at least once in our lives. If not more than that!” Her pale tail flicks against her hindquarters as she beckons to him with her chin as if to say follow me without saying anything at all. She plans on showing him the sea next, thinking he’ll like that too. “You’ve got time to think, I hope, to sort out the confusion.”

Spark

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burning in the dark for a long time; krigare - by Spear + Spark - 06-18-2017, 09:55 PM