• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let's burn something beautiful; any
    Plan? I don't need a plan!
    "Aww, thanks! she says when the new mare calls her a good greeter. Azula's reward is a big filly-grin, the kind of uninhibited one that Thorrun would never think to give. Val has no such compunctions - the mare was talking to her, and it's the least she can do to reciprocate. "It's nice to meet you too."

The new mare is still speaking, and Val feels like half of what she says goes right over her head. She looks to her sister, to her father to see if they have any kind of a better grasp than she does as far as what Azula means. I mean, of course she understands the part about her, and she's got enough maturity to understand that there is subtext there, and to understand that it falls away as the mare talks of it being good to be back. But blossoming seeds of prospect? Majestic other places? And by the time she's gotten to red and blue queens her mind is straight up running wild.

"Red…and Blue queens?" she speaks without thinking, as is more or less usual for her. "Were they actually red and blue? Like, their colors?" she can't help but let the enthusiasm creep into her voice. Wouldn't that be something, if they were actually red and blue? She hasn't seen much in the way of that thing yet, being as young as she is in the world, but she's pretty pleased that such a thing could exist. And if her father and her sister have orange eyes, well why not, right?

She pauses then, and a little bit of the crusty mud that's drying in her small tail brushes off as she flicks that tiny tail across her haunches. "I think lots has probably happened in your absence. But I don't know any details, being as I'm one of the things that happened in your absence, and really recently too." she thinks she's quite clever, and gives the mare an adorable little grin before turning to her sister with that same grin, as though to advertise just how clever she really is.

"But seriously, can you tell us more about this Red and Blue Queen thing? They sound pretty fascinating."

That's Val – never shy, especially not when she's curious.

VALKERINE!

tomboy daughter of librette & covet

Messages In This Thread
    let's burn something beautiful; any - by Azula - 06-09-2015, 02:09 PM
    RE: let's burn something beautiful; any - by Valkerine - 06-17-2015, 09:14 PM