• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any]
    'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood, when blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud.

The red mare loved her dreams. A mix of memory and fantasy, topped off by the various plants and shrooms she's known to seek out, sometimes it was hard for her to tell was she asleep or not. Today in the waning sun Jah-Lilah was cat napping, dreaming of an ash-brindle mare she came across wandering the plains long ago. She was barely two then, and the mare was a unicorn. It had been the first time she'd seen one outside of her homeland, and she was instantly enchanted. What is it about little girls and unicorns?

Jah-Lilah approached the cloudy mare, she couldn't believe she had came upon one sleeping so soundly in the middle of the day! She was eager to ask the thousands of questions she had for the outland unicorn. She nudged her gently and instantly Jah-Lilah recoiled and pinned her ears. Ewwww, that smell! Can't you smell that smell? The smell of death surrounds you...Jah-Lilah snaps out from her musical nightmare with a shudder. Gotta take the bad with the good when it come to expanding your mind, I suppose. She extends her neck and stretches out like a dog, groaning. That's much better.

She blinks her eyes lazily and shakes all over, looking around. Her eyes rest longer than normal on a lanky honeybee palomino stally. She instantly took notice. He was tall, much taller than her, but well put together. She perked her ears and made her way casually towards him. The feathers knotted in her mane beat against her neck gently, whispering to her, go see him. She was drawn to his story, he didn't have to say a word, it was written all over him. His body was badly scarred, but clearly so were his insides. His eye reminded her of a bird of prey, constantly evaluating, constantly searching. She loved it, she wants to know what he's about. Jah-Lilah herself is a storyteller, a singer. Other's stories interest her just as much, if not more. Anything and anyone out of the normal, she's all over that shit, bruh. She nickers a friendly greeting to him, bobbing her head on approach.

I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form. "Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."
    someday, we will foresee obstacles

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll never be as good as I'd like to be [Any] - by Jah-Lilah - 06-14-2017, 06:27 PM