• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Help Is All I Ask For
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

The younger mare (though still older than he) is pleasant but straight to the point, something that Amet is still learning to appreciate. Respect had been ingrained into the Akhal-Teke from the moment his mother had walked him into the Dunes for the first time. They were not always pleasant lessons. He had learned, though, that sometimes it is the simple pleasantries that are most effective. It had come to pass, though, that those in Beqanna who knew what they wanted would get to the point quickly.

His golden ears twitch and his jaw remains shut as the painted mare explains their visit to Hyaline. His lips twist into a frown, saddened by their troubles, and he opens his mouth to invite them into their home, but Iset beats him to the punch.

He spins quickly, startled by his younger sister. His surprise is short-lived, though, as discomfort blossoms. "Iset..." he tries to stop her, wishing that she would see that this was a great opportunity to be seen as a welcoming place, but he doesn't expect his interjection to succeed. He snorts with exasperation as she continues and he tries to see her side of it and, while he knows he should, he just doesn't want to agree.

Iset parts swiftly, her soft nudge and lack of any real fiery outbursts leaving him more confused than angry. Perhaps he is growing on her, finally.

The dragon boy turns his amber gaze back to the pair with a sheepish look. "My sister, Iset," he indicates with a toss of his narrow metallic head. "We took this place as our home to build a sanctuary and learning grounds for the young. She can be... prickly, but she does it because we has a specific vision for Hyaline." He sighs, uncomfortable and upset with the pleading he can see in Siba's eyes.

"Nerine is the first territory to the north of us... she is right, that it would be a good home for you. But, you have to pass through Hyaline to get there, so," he pauses with a mischievous grin, "take as much time as you need. Please. Just promise me you will visit Nerine as soon as you're ready."

Amet

Messages In This Thread
    Help Is All I Ask For - by Siba - 05-30-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: Help Is All I Ask For - by Amet - 06-04-2017, 02:08 PM
    RE: Help Is All I Ask For - by Siba - 06-04-2017, 09:20 PM
    RE: Help Is All I Ask For - by Iset - 06-07-2017, 08:31 PM
    RE: Help Is All I Ask For - by Siba - 06-07-2017, 09:43 PM
    RE: Help Is All I Ask For - by Amet - 06-10-2017, 09:12 PM
    RE: Help Is All I Ask For - by Siba - 06-11-2017, 12:27 AM