• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; Gaza

gaza

Is Gaza ‘someone interesting?’

He would probably tell you that he isn’t, that he hasn’t done much, and that he can’t do anything terribly special. He lives (for now) in a cool place, though; there’s a sphinx-like dog named Gumby riding around, and in some places the sand is pink, and they have two magicians in residence, and a giant oak tree that exists where one shouldn’t. So that’s nifty. But Gaza? Gaza doesn’t know what he is. Or who is is - who he wants to be.

They’ll probably end up having an awkward conversation. Gaza is polite, but somewhat awkward. He’s like that quiet lit or comp sci major who’s attractive, but doesn’t know it, and despite spending two years at college already, has never gone really crazy.

Anyway, it’s just past the peak of summer, and while the heat in the Meadow is not quite as intense as the heat in the Desert, it still packs a bit of a punch. And Gaza is black and big, so he’s just feeling great in the mid-day sun. His golden eyes (courtesy of Yael, the only bit that is like her) picked out the biggest tree, the one with the leafiest branches and the most shade, and he starts towards. Of course, there’s someone already beneath it, but that’s not going to deter our ex-prince today. The big, black, half-draft stallion has a bit of a smile on his face, but nothing that says ‘I’m going to hit on you’ or ‘Get the eff out of my way.’ Pleasantly neutral. Good guy Gaza.

“Hi,” he says when he is within speaking distance, looking at the gray spotted mare. “Don’t mind me, I’m just going to enjoy the shade on the other side of this tree…” And then he crosses in front of her to get to the other side of the tree. The tree doesn’t quite hide all of him, though, leaving both his front and back end still in sight. After settling himself into a comfortable stance, Gaza cranes his head back around and says simply, “I’m Gaza, by the way. Nice to meet you.”

vanquish x yael

Messages In This Thread
    I’ll burn this whole city down; Gaza - by Lyris - 06-14-2015, 11:54 PM
    RE: I’ll burn this whole city down; Gaza - by Gaza - 06-17-2015, 01:10 PM