• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; ruan
    He was alone. It was almost strange. He was so used to Polaris or Enfys being at his side now with forest shadows playing over their little bodies. They seemed like true sisters at times. When Enfys was her beautifully sculpted ice, she matched the glass of Polaris so effortlessly, softly reflecting the world around them in their semi-reflective surfaces. A girl of teal, and another of ice-blue. Both such treasures to him.

But today neither accompanied him as he greeted these strangers.

They came from the sea, and that was certainly a first. He hadn't expected to see anyone along their quiet coastline when he'd headed out that way this morning. The sight wasn't unwelcome though, most especially when polite smiles and genuine curiosity lightened their faces; one already so metallic and shining on its own, and the other so much smaller but just as radiant with wind and salty spray in her short hair. A faint grin tried to pull at his lips, immediately drawn to the child and her overflowing enthusiasm for what must be one of her first adventures away from home. Wherever that was.

"Hello," he greeted them warmly, neatly disarmed by the pair of them. A father and a young daughter. That, he could relate to. "Welcome to the Taiga. I'm Ruan. Can I help you find someone?"

His head dipped down, offering his nose to the girl without stepping forward. The pairing of gray and purple on her made his heart ache, reminded him that his own children would have been much the same had he’d had any more, and he couldn't help but to wonder what it’d be like to hold her at his side and see those colors lined against his. He breathed deep, a quiet sorrow leaking into his glacial eyes though he kept the smile in his charcoal face.

”Where are you from, little one?” He straightened and put on a playful face of concentration. "You smell like.... the ocean. Sunshine, and birds. Some trees.. Do you live in a forest too? Maybe with a big beach. Am I close?" He grinned, glancing with a sheepish sort of shrug at her father.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; ruan - by Ruan - 06-07-2017, 11:17 AM