• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I Won't Stop Looking (Any)
    An honest question, but a difficult one nonetheless. Sirana had always thought that she knew what she wanted in a home when she was younger and dreamed of the day she could leave the Falls kingdom behind. But those had fallen through the day she found out she would be given away to Phaedrus, as part of a deal her sire made with the other stallion after stealing one of his daughters.

How Sirana would have loved to run away and not have to worry about the repercussions that would follow, but her responsibility held her back. Not a responsibility to herself, or her sire, but to the herd. She knew that many of the horses could take care of themselves, but if Phaedrus became angry about the deal being broken, he could have chosen to retaliate and lead an attack on the Falls. Sirana did not want a horrible fate to befall the member of her sire's herd, especially not her younger sister and brothers, one of whom had still been growing in her dam's belly at the time.

It had been a hard thing to accept, her dreams being crushed, but she'd found a new hope in helping take care of the mares in Phaedrus' herd, and continued doing so after he gave them away to Nyenji. She knew she wanted to help take care of others, whether it was through the practice of healing or becoming a protector, a warrior, like her dam's friends Raxa and Nitika.

But was that all she wanted from a home? What was she missing that left an aching in her heart? Was it the presence of her family she desired so much? Did she miss her siblings and dam, wanting to be by their sides once again?

No, that couldn't be it. Sirana did miss her family, but there was no feeling in her gut telling her to hurry home and check up on them. It wasn't the need to go find a home of her own either; something else was causing her to hurt, and she didn't know what exactly.

She couldn't take forever to come up with an answer though, not with Warrick patiently waiting. Flicking her soaked mane to one side of her neck, the thick red strands falling down over her golden neck, her forelock stretching down her face, the mare gave the stallion a calm look.

"I am searching for a place I feel I belong. Where I can run as free as the birds fly through the air, but where I can also stand by and protect those I have come to care for. Every stallion, mare, and foal, ones that I have come to love and will gladly lay down my life to defend.

"I want a home where I feel loved in return, and can trust in those around me. Horses who protect each other, and their home. Quite a broad statement, I know, but while all kingdoms can have horses like that, only one place actually feels right. And for me, despite my family being there, I did not feel completely at home in Sylva, back when it was the Falls."

Messages In This Thread
    I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 05-30-2017, 07:21 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 05-31-2017, 06:36 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-02-2017, 01:23 AM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-02-2017, 02:03 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-02-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-03-2017, 08:25 AM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-03-2017, 01:25 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-04-2017, 07:59 AM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-04-2017, 02:23 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Warrick - 06-06-2017, 05:26 PM
    RE: I Won't Stop Looking (Any) - by Sirana - 06-06-2017, 08:17 PM