• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any)
    kharon
    ”Queen? Oh, you’re mother is a ruler? That’s neat! My mom, too, and my dads! They lead here, actually, so the queen could live in peace.” His voice lowered conspiratorially as he glanced around for listeners, ”There was some betrayal involved in the invasion. I think it maybe hurt her more than she shows,” he finished regretfully, absently lifting a wing in the air. He and his twin had been quite little, but Mother had told them of the queen Ea and he liked her. And her daughter Allure was pretty cool, too.

”You’re rambling, again,” Kylin teased as she came to his side. He grinned wide for her as his raised wing draped over her naturally and he pulled her to him with a hug, briefly burying his nose in her hair and breathing her familiar scent. ”And your name is gorgeous,” she continued to Zhenga. He gave Kylin a light squeeze before he released her as she introduced herself, her muzzle extending in greeting that the other met easily with her own. Soft, gray eyes settled on Zhenga again as she answered Kylin, telling of how she already enjoyed the island and its unique features that set them apart from the other lands. His smiled dimmed, though, at her next question.

”Why would the king leave, do you think? If I ruled this place I would not want to let it go so easily.”

"Not much of a king," he grimaced in disgust. "More like a band of marauders sweeping through for the sole purpose of disrupting perfectly peaceful lives, and displacing everyone from their home without care. Most had lived here their entire lives and didn't know anything else."

He blushed and quieted again, realizing he was back to rambling on and on. He changed the subject instead. "So, would you like to see more of Ischia? I'd take you to meet Mother, I think she might possibly like you one day, but she's terribly snippy with our baby sister still so very little. She won't like strangers coming near Kali, especially after the invasion. Dad's fun, though! Both of them. Maybe you'll see them around sometime." Oops, rambling.

He turned a smile to Kylin, "Where should we take her to see first?"
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any) - by Zhenga - 05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
    RE: This Place Seemed Pretty Cool (Any) - by Kharon - 06-02-2017, 09:39 AM