• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any
    ‘Sakir! Get up!’

Her illusion spoke to him, her words reverberating long and hollow in his head. In his mind’s eye he willed himself to obey her, and he rose effortless and as lithe as a ghost though his physical body remained motionless, anchored to the earth. “I’ll follow.” He said, his brow furrowing at the trickery. And he peeled his gaze away from his twin and back upon the luminous white of the majestically winged mare. A beacon amongst shadows. “You don’t need to trick me. I’m ready.” He did not need to be convinced to leave this world, he’d nothing left.

But then she sent her illusion towards him, and it fell into him perfectly, slumping against him so naturally that it suddenly felt wrong it had not been there at all. He could feel the urgency in the rapid drum of its heart, it melded into his own and he felt his senses liven. He felt its breath, smelt its smell. Was it possible for an illusion to claim all his senses of perception at once? Was he imagining that it felt so real, so like Iset? He leaned into her, sweeping the side of his cheek along the large puckering scar that would forever mar that delicate neck. He’d been there when the wound had been inflicted. Had squeezed his eyes tight, though it had been impossible not to hear that brutal thump against her flesh. Damn Amet he cursed silently, it should have been Amet’s scar to wear, not hers. Their brother should have stolen her away with him in the night, he would have known that Iset would never backdown from his steel, that there had only been one outcome to ensue come dawn. 

“Iset…” he murmured into her as he traced his nose along those smaller scars which laddered towards her face. ‘You’re here.’ She whispered. He was. But was she? “I’m with you.” He breathed softly in return, and he closed his eyes, his weary head heavy against her. 

@[Iset] @[Snowphish]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will show you fear in a handful of dust -- any - by Sakir - 05-04-2017, 12:12 AM