• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik)
    the lion sleeps tonight

The insane horse speaks of the Valley war and Hakeem is stuck thinking back. He had only "attacked" two mares, and one of which was his own daughter and he knew the nutmug steed was not his grandson and so, that left one mare. "If this Kagerou you speak of was that funky spotted mare, than the only reason she was attacked was because she attacked me first," Hakeem says heatedly. He couldn't believe his current situation was over him defending himself from his own daughter. "You're mother foolishly tried to defend my daughter after she had attacked me first. I took an ass full of her stupid spikes and spent the next several weeks ill from it," he returns heatedly. He had remembered the days he had spent sick in the Valley as his body suffered through the poison from her barbs, yet his immortality had not let him die.  

"If a simple buck killed your mother, than she was too old to be in battle," he says, for Hakeem remembers bucking out to clear the spotted mare from his blind spot as quetzal Malka fell from the sky trying to gouge out his eyes with her claws. It was shortly after that where he had been the one to call the cease fire to the fighting. "But I did not kill anyone. If your mother died from her injuries, it was because she foolishly put herself not in kingdom matters, but in personal family matters," he retorts. Malka had not attacked him because he stood on the Valley side of the war, but simply because she had a long history of hatred built up towards the painted steed. "I only attacked one mare, besides my own daughter, so if your mother was dumb enough to fight pregnant, than she obviously didn't care enough about your sister to keep her safe," he shoots off, having now completely thrown his manners aside in light of the false (and completed distorted) thoughts that this Rodrik threw at him.

He speaks of Hakeem's belonging in the Jungle and the steed scoffs loudly. "My tattoos have nothing to do with the Jungle, but rather for the love I held for one of her mares," he informs the other steed. Hakeem's tattoo had actually been a part of crazy Jungle magic and had happened long before the custom of a manservant taking his lady's tattoo. "If the Jungle chooses to harbor such folks as yourself, I'm glad that I never aligned myself to her," Hakeem returns. Jadis had long been gone from the Jungle and even when she was here, Hakeem had always noticed that she was different then the rest. She had a stable head on her shoulder and was one to avoid problems -- of which the same could not be said of many of the Jungle's other followers.

"You're family got itself killed!" he replies as Rodrik leaps at him with teeth bared. Hakeem had been raised a warrior and had fought many times his his lifetime. He was older now and somewhat out of shape, but as Rodrik rushes forward, Hakeem quickly rises in a half rear, his own ears still flat to his head and teeth bared as well. His front legs strike out, though not with the fluidity that they once would have. His first thought was simply to defend himself, but he quickly realized that this was to be a fight to the death and is forced to change his own mindset to simple defense until the hot-head calmed to attempting to save his own life, at any cost.

Hakeem
    Immortally Tattooed by the 'Zons

(Feel free to PP Hakeem a bit if you need to <3)

Messages In This Thread
    The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Hakeem - 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Hakeem - 03-28-2015, 01:57 PM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Hakeem - 03-29-2015, 06:47 PM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Rodrik - 04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Hakeem - 04-01-2015, 04:51 PM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Rodrik - 04-03-2015, 11:52 AM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Hakeem - 04-07-2015, 08:06 AM
    RE: The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Rodrik) - by Malka - 04-07-2015, 08:09 AM