• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. (Contagion)
    Tyrna

I’ll keep dancing on my own
    Contagion
    Contagion
    Contagion

The word roars and echoes in her ears. Shattered glass and splintered bone. Jewels glowing in the refracted spray of water at sunset. Blood and howls, first love so heartbreakingly sweet. Anger and jealousy, sorrow and ripping paper. Tender meetings in shaded groves, the press of butterfly light wings against steel.

The feelings are overwhelming, caught in glimpses before darting to the next. She feels more than she sees him, the memories of what was and never will be again. Her glass heart, so beautifully fragile, torn apart at her feet. Tears prick at her eyes at she stares at the stallion in a new light. Yes his shape is the same, but no longer does his pulse beat so clearly beneath his skin. His paper wings and glass body are gone and in it's place is solid flesh and feathers. He is the same, but so different now. Fragments of the love she once had for him surfacing, razor sharp and bittersweet.

She feels like she's drowning. The emotional flood proving almost more than she can handle. Without thinking, she takes a hesitant half step forward, lost in the hazel of eyes that shouldn't exist. Her throat feels scraped raw, her joints locked stiff, and tears starting to slip down her cheeks without notice. Tyrna watches the way he moves, the distance he keeps between them for an easy escape, all signs that point to how much damage she did. She sees this but in the face of him being here it doesn't matter to her, not really. Her voice quavers as it's choked out in a half sob.

"How?"

"How is this possible?"

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. (Contagion) - by Tyrna - 04-27-2017, 05:37 PM