• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

close your eyes and make a wish; kharon
    I'm here, she repeated in her thoughts with such excitement. His smile widened, unaware of whatever he was doing outside of this moment, out there where his body was. I'm here, she thought again, then repeated his name. He felt himself nod, wasn't sure if that translated in this mental place they shared, but felt that it might have. Especially when he could sense her presence dance in her joy and wrap with his, press and snuggle as he reached to gently clutch her tighter.

A baby sister.
    Like Kylin, but so much very much smaller.
    And for now, entirely his alone.

I'm...? she tried to give a name back, but of course she didn't have one yet. He hadn't thought of that, and was instantly thrilled that he could be the one to name her! Mother had named him, and Reilly had named Kylin. Now it was his turn to name her!

His excitement swirled and tangled with hers, blended and twisted in delightful ways that only made the feeling stronger. You are... he paused, hesitated. She was perfect, like them. Of course, she was. But he couldn't name her Perfect, that was just silly. Nor Treasure, or Precious, or anything else that may describe her. These were just words, and not enough. It wasn't her and her beautiful individuality. He mused quietly, thinking, thinking. It must be perfect. Kharon, Kylin... Kara? No, not that one. Kelly. Kali. Kahlen. No, wait.

You are Kali! he exclaimed proudly.

Ah, it was just right. So beautiful, and playful-sounding, soft and sweet, but a little bit strong. Just right. And then he asked if she were comfortable and after a moment of reflection, she confirmed that she was. Good, he thought with a warm smile, nudging sweetly against her awareness as if he could nuzzle into her. He backed off a little to give her space, and settled his Self near, not ready to leave though he knew he would have to after a while.

I bet it's dark there right now. But you'll get bigger and bigger and then one day it will be so bright. You won't have to worry, though. I'll be there. Kylin, too. After I rest more, I'll show you. Would you like that? More pictures?

He wanted to bring up Mother and Father and Reilly, too. But too soon she would be here and smothered in their affection, surrounded by them all. So maybe he was selfish, but he wanted her to himself for a least until then. And then he could fade to the background so she could be loved by the rest of them. Maybe if he could have this time alone with her, it won't hurt so bad to be forgotten.
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    close your eyes and make a wish; kharon - by Kali - 03-31-2017, 02:41 PM
    RE: close your eyes and make a wish; kharon - by Kharon - 04-23-2017, 01:05 AM