• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - any

.Terran.

Getting older usually means losing something, you know? Hair, energy, sex drive, whatever - you name it, it just goes away. I’d already lost my boyish innocence, had clearly grown out of my desire to make something of myself, and I had certainly lost any hopes of ever procuring something along the lines of useful when it came to traits. So when her glittering red eyes rise to meet mine and her mouth quirks before she tells me what I’ve always wanted to hear of course I don’t exactly believe her. Who the f*ck would.

“Very funny.” I tell her, my mouth drawing itself into an unimpressed line. “Har-dee-har-har” I think, stretching my neck around to its fullest extend to try and disprove her proclamation. I’d been fooled before but I won’t let this sapling of a woman drag sheep's wool over my eyes for her personal entertainment. The effort of bending my aging body in half has my hind legs shifting around and the movement sends the god’s eye of the sky glancing across my dark back to strike the new additions with a glow. The resulting light nearly blinds me.

“Holy … oh my Go … holy shit.” I exclaim, snapping back to face her once again with eyes as round as dinner plates. “Are those … ?” I ask, my words dropping an octave in disbelief while my heart pounds against my dark chest. “Impossible.” I think - I’m certain of it. But in this new world I should know better. Nothing is impossible anymore. Even with the gentle flex of my shoulder blades I can substantiate their abilities. They wiggle, happy to obey the bend of muscle and to be free of my thick coat.

No wonder I’d been mad with itch.

“Jinju,” I start, pinning her with a completely mad stare while a wild grin breaks out over my usually serene face, “you wonderful, crazy fire chick you!” I shout, closing the distance between us in seconds to plant my lips firmly against her soft nose. I don’t even care to think about personal space in a time like this. They linger, only for a moment, before breaking away to allow the burst of deep laughter to fill the empty air. “This is incredible! YOU are incredible!”

I can't ever remember being this excited.

All picture rights reserved to Drawotion via Tumblr

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 08:27 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-08-2017, 12:51 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 02:53 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-09-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-12-2017, 07:57 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-13-2017, 12:22 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-14-2017, 01:32 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-16-2017, 09:42 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-17-2017, 04:55 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-19-2017, 10:39 AM