• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - any

.Terran.

Yes, my hooves are hard to miss. Glimmering, golden things that they are, I’m still sort of proud of them. They’d make any magpie proud and that’s exactly what I consider myself - a magpie, hoarder of shiny things but just as black and white as common sense. If Jinju liked them she should’ve seen Tiphon. Her entire mouth would be sucking in air. She reminds me that I’m still sort of an anomaly, knowing both of my parents and living among them, and I like that. It’s not often that I meet someone who causes me to feel positive things, much less anything at all. The red-eyed mare is sharp, something I haven’t had the pleasure of enjoying in a while.

Her eyes narrow in response to my question and there’s an uneasiness that settles into my bones. I can’t tell exactly what she’s focusing on until the singed smell of hair meets my nostrils and I jump forward with a start; a delayed reaction to the heat that’s warming my shoulderblades. My chest brushes against her shoulder, tail swatting at the air to rid myself of ash and as an instinctual sort of thing while I slide past her and trot a few feet away. “Good GOD!” I call out to her, throwing my bald head around to pin her with an angry glare, “A little warning next time, eh?”

But I can’t disguise my anger for long. I’m chuckling, a sound that builds into a strong laughter before I turn about to face her again. “Remind me to never piss you off.” I chortle, easing back to where she stands before slowing to a stop before her. “I think you burnt some hair off between my shoulders … take a look, tell me if I’m bald.” I exaggerate, edging closer to her so she might have a good stare.

I have no idea that her trick had actually exposed a hidden trait. What I can’t see that she soon will is four tiny, golden wings, budding out from my spine like a hatchlings new pride.

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

All picture rights reserved to Drawotion via Tumblr

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 08:27 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-08-2017, 12:51 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-08-2017, 02:53 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-09-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-12-2017, 07:57 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-13-2017, 12:22 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-14-2017, 01:32 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Terran - 04-16-2017, 09:42 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - any - by Jinju - 04-17-2017, 04:55 AM