• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Circinae;
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

“Ruan,” She thinks, “stop this.”

So angry. Those lines turned down at the corners of his mouth, the distaste shining in his eyes and the challenge laid at her feet. Her ears turn, mouth splitting open as her jaw flashes brightly with an array of familiarly canine teeth. Low and guttural, a wicked growl escapes to batter back at him. He could talk to others that way, but not her. Never her. “Just listen to me, will you?” She hurls at him, snapping her fangs together while her tongue curls restlessly over the glazed, pearly whites. “Shame on you for thinking that I would entice you to be unfaithful to Reagan. Shame.” She tells him, turning the broadside of her body to him in order to shield herself should he come any closer.

“It was the longing for something I had never had, Ruan. A feeling I was swept up in. Not for one second did I fool myself into believing anything would come of it …” She explains, hurt now that they’d been forced into this position. Her eyes narrow, but she won’t stop. “Until Reagan left. I felt responsible, like I had done something terrible.” She tells him, face turning away to stare into the empty shadows surrounding them. Her teeth rescind, widening and smoothing out as the wolf recedes. “None of this is about you, can’t you see that? For once, I needed to confide in you, tell you what was going on inside.”

She’s quivering. The adrenaline and utter pain that racks her now sends her body into light convulsions, making her feel all at once as cold and vulnerable as she had been before they’d met. “I was afraid that this would happen … that I wouldn’t be able to tell you, make you see. Maybe I’m going about it the wrong way but … I don’t know Ruan. I’m so mad at myself, mad at how things turned out, mad at the world.”

Circy scoffs, eyes closing as she wishes for a sudden escape. Even wishing that she’d not come here, not come across him. Her mouth thins, eyes closing as she inhales the world she’s built around herself, the safety and comfort it gives her even now. Just being here, beneath the cover of the trees, being close to him, sets her at ease. “As far as leaving goes, that’s not up to me.” She hums, “You’re my King. You tell me what to do.”

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    Circinae; - by Ruan - 04-06-2017, 01:01 AM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 04-06-2017, 01:05 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Ruan - 04-09-2017, 12:40 AM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 04-09-2017, 02:04 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Ruan - 04-09-2017, 06:41 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 04-09-2017, 09:45 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Ruan - 04-15-2017, 01:49 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Circinae - 04-16-2017, 07:36 PM
    RE: Circinae; - by Ruan - 04-16-2017, 09:23 PM