• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the pulse that I've always needed (any)

There is some comfort in knowing that the stallion that killed her is dead.  That he will never trouble her again.  But it’s not enough to wash away the pain of knowing how much she has missed.  

She’s missed her children ruling kingdoms, grandchildren being born … great grandchildren being born!  She’s been out of their lives for so long.  How can she even begin to re-enter them?  And in some cases, like Lyric’s, she will never have the chance …

She perks up a little when Errant suggests she might have the chance to meet Lyric’s and Linnaea’s children.  It does not make up for Lyric’s death, but it’s something, and she clings to it.  “I’d like that.”  But that comfort is short lived, after Errant reveals Linnaea’s passing.  Two of her children, dead and gone.  “I’ve missed so much.”

He tells her she has nothing to be sorry for, but she can’t help it.  She hasn't been there for him or their family in 12 years, even if through no fault of her own.  A ghost of a smile crosses her face when she sees the hyacinth that he’s tucked in her mane.  She’s always loved his little gestures of affection.

Then he asks after where she will stay and she pulls away, thinking.  “I …”  What will she do?  She’s known no other home but the Dale since she was only a yearling.  But …

“I don’t think so.  The Dale was my life for so long.  I think I need something else now.  Something more.”  She needs time with her family.  With Errant.  Besides, staying here would only make her think of Lyric now.  She chuckles when he says that he’ll make it warmer, and a real smile finally appears on her face, as small as it is.  “You’d better!”

lea

you're the pulse that I've always needed

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're the pulse that I've always needed (any) - by Lea - 06-12-2015, 07:44 PM