• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Covet;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"
    "The Valley," Nayl repeats thoughtfully in a hushed tone. Her thoughtful eyes skim across each of their faces and then her head nods as though in approval. "A permanent residence for you?" Will she have an ally in the Valley as well as other kingdoms as she reaches maturity? Will she find support in the few that she shares blood with? A glimmer of hope brightens her thoughts but they are all tucked away in a mind that has never been cradled or invaded by magic. Little does she know what she is capable of or how deceitful her lies truly are when no one can prove her otherwise? No one can use her thoughts against her. Never.

Maybe there will be a day that she will figure that out.

"The Amazons are a group of mares in a matriarchal society. We rule, pretty much." Nayl's shoulders roll in a casual shrug as though it's expected and self-explanatory - as though that is how life should be. "It's in the Jungle, southeast of here." A quick glance indicates the direction from which they came. Her attention quickly tunnels on her father, however, as she inches closer to eavesdrop on her parent's conversation. A grin, sweetly poisonous, tugs at the corners of her mouth. "The Jungle will be mine one day, dad. I won't just live there; I will rule," her confidence is brimming and then she regards her sister, "and somehow find a way to get Thorunn in a similar chair." They could be powerful siblings (half siblings, but the technicality can be abandoned if they became close enough). A daydream plays on the back of Nayl's eyelids - like a movie - before opening them again and drawing in a deep breath. "I'll make you proud." She wants him to be there to see it, but a pit in her stomach tells her otherwise.

Unsurprised by her daughter's display of arrogance, Myrina simply stares off to the distant horizon. When Nayl's attention finally drifts away, she looks back to Covet. "At least she acts like that only near us. She's more reserved around others. Talking like that would probably get her tied up to a tree or something." Myrina manages a chuckle in spite of how troublesome their daughter's attitude could be if it was worn openly on her sleeve.

But then she remembers how no one could ever harm her daughter with the earth.
    She controls it.
    She wields the power of the world they stand on.

"My, my, is that flattery?" Myrina presses her face into the groove of his shoulder, wishing that it wouldn't end, wishing that he could take her with him one day. "Those other Amazons don't know what they've been missing out on." Of her sisters, at least she is the only one that he wraps himself around. The others - outsiders and strangers alike - matter not. Without needing to admit her adoration for him, Myrina simply breathes him in. Words are meager in comparison to moments like this when she can feel her weak, gentle heart blossom.

But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

Messages In This Thread
    Covet; - by Myrina - 05-11-2015, 03:21 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 05-14-2015, 03:18 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 05-15-2015, 09:26 AM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 05-19-2015, 12:17 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 05-25-2015, 09:16 AM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 06-05-2015, 04:42 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 06-08-2015, 03:32 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 06-17-2015, 08:53 PM