• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now meet me by the mountainside; any

I don't want to wait anymore, I'm tired of looking for answers
    take me some place where there's music and there's laughter

They are bright and wonderful, and within their embrace, she feels that new wild magic take root within her even more completely. They buoy her own excitement until it shines from her eyes and through her chest and she feels an unexplainable need to run—to run and race until she struggles to breathe. Until she practically can’t stop herself from exploding forward, chasing them with yups and cries down the length of the meadow. It takes everything within her to stay still, to keep her feet rooted to the ground.

Still, she manages, feet jogging lightly in place as she flips her nose upward, cascading the matted pieces of her pale mane down her neck. “I don’t even know where to start,” her voice is bright, the excitement palpable in the air between them, but she does. Eventually, she does. She starts where it had all begun, in the Forest, when Time had paused it, leaving her suspended between the two seconds, animated, alone.

She tells them of her quest, the mission he gave her, and all the steps in between. She tells them of the wild mountain and how cold it had been; she tells them of the trip through the caverns and the gryffen that had chased her down and ripped in her haunches, pulling her flesh apart so cleanly. She tells them of the prize he had been guarding and then the white room, and the woman who Time had loved so dearly.

Finally, she tells them of her decision, how she had succeeded in saving her, in saving them.

When she is done, her chest is heaving and the truth of it radiates from her. “And then Time gave me a gift—the gift of love.” She explains how it was told to her, the gifts that are now tied to how well loved she is, the speed and the endurance. It pulses in her now, and she cannot help the grin that breaks apart her pretty face as she watches them. “It is so hard to sit still now. All I want to do is chase the sun all day.”

( I don't know if I'm scared of dying, but I'm scared of living too fast, too slow )

would you guys want to start a new thread maybe with them a little older? <3

Messages In This Thread
    now meet me by the mountainside; any - by hawke - 01-15-2017, 05:34 AM
    RE: now meet me by the mountainside; any - by fleece - 01-17-2017, 02:49 PM
    RE: now meet me by the mountainside; any - by fleece - 03-16-2017, 07:29 PM
    RE: now meet me by the mountainside; any - by hawke - 03-18-2017, 06:30 PM