• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae
    It doesn’t irritate her that he’s been filling her thoughts as of late. That golden creature, so free from the earth and her chains, above them all … watching as they crawl and bicker and breed. She sighs, the slender tips of her khaki-colored toes splaying open to scratch at the dirt of her home while she flippantly rolls onto her back. Ruan was out. Fixing his own life, she’s sure, but hopefully with her in his thoughts, so she chooses instead to try and make something of the endless time she has on hand. The winter is still bitter, less of a bitch though, and the warmth of her healthy coat dissuades it from reaching her skin or organs. “Anytime…” The winged stallion's voice echoes in her mind, drawing her back into herself for a moment of contemplation.

“Enough moping.” The she-wolf concludes, pushing her midnight companion from her mind before slinking off to find the promise of a new adventure. She can only push her nose to the ground, ruffle through underbrush and then snort, withdrawing from the soil to point the mahogany appendage skywards in hopes to catch some semblance of that flying beast. Luck is what draws a smile over her teeth; a bare, glinting grin as the recognition that Canaan is nearby overcomes her. Feeling half-shadow herself she slips away, darting easily beneath bush, limb, or rock as her path winds ever outward from her packland. She only pauses at the riverbank, motionless body poised mid-step while her nose quivers to find him once more. “Got you.” the thought sparks inwardly, before she leaps like some curious fox into the rushing waters.

He coat soaks up every bit of liquid it can, but it doesn’t hinder her in the least as she scrambles onto the opposite bank to shake free from the river’s grasp. A shudder of her coat, flick of the tail, and she’s off again to dance beneath the spattering of mild sunlight. It’s only when she glides underneath the protection of an overgrown holly, glowing eyes narrowing while she watches him with piqued curiosity, that she stops to catch her breath. He seems troubled, but then again they all are, these strange men in her life. A smirk and she weaves easily away, flicking one ear behind to listen as he puts up chase. They go a few rounds before she loses him with intent, leaving him to glimmer in the brilliance of the clearing while she shifts to a skin he’ll recognize.

“My name never sounds as sweet until you say it.” The bi-colored mare laughs prettily, tail swaying once before striking like a whip at her ribs. “And you can interrupt me whenever it pleases you, Canaan.” She finishes. This time she feels no pressure to be shy, no reason not to close the distance between them in order to press her lips fondly to his upturned cheek before saying, “I needed a distraction anyways. About that adventure we talked of …” she tempts, backing away to entice him with an untamed grin, “... care to take me up on the offer?” Her eyes are wide with innocent pleading, desperate to have a change of pace for once.

“You don’t even have to tell me where we’re going.” She adds, hoping to appeal to his better nature with the urgency of her desire to be anywhere else with him. “I like surprises.” She murmurs while her mind begins to grow wings of its own.
    Circinae
    I need the crack of a whip, I need some blood in the cut
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Canaan - 03-12-2017, 05:23 AM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Circinae - 03-13-2017, 02:28 PM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Canaan - 03-17-2017, 01:30 AM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Circinae - 03-19-2017, 06:45 PM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Canaan - 03-21-2017, 11:48 AM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Circinae - 03-23-2017, 08:04 PM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Canaan - 04-03-2017, 06:38 PM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Circinae - 04-05-2017, 08:18 PM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Canaan - 04-16-2017, 09:20 PM
    RE: hold on to me; you're all I have. | circinae - by Circinae - 04-19-2017, 12:21 PM