• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll carry you, and we will live forever; ALL MANDATORY.
    when you speak dreams and reality collide
    She’s late to the meeting - she has never been, and will likely never be, overly fond of large groups.

She slips in as a squirrel (a relatively new form to her), quiet and stealthy, then climbs up a tree that gives her the perfect vantage point to spy on the crowd below. No one will know her for what she really is, no one except her mother of course.

She eyes the gathered horses with interest, eyes passing over those she knows (Ruan, Reagan, Jinju, Heda …) to rest upon the newcomers, the strangers. They pause on the sabino mare, the antlered mare, the winged mare, the glow speckled stallion, the pale grey mare … but they linger in particular upon the wolf that becomes a beautiful green and navy mare. Another shifter, how interesting …

Perhaps she needs to pay this one a visit later.

But for now her attention returns to her mother, who’s stepped up to address the little gathering. She tells them that they are a family, and calls on them to take a more active role in the kingdom’s wellbeing. The words are meant for all, but they resonate deep in her heart. Ruan and Reagan had taken her in, given her a home, a family … it’s her turn to repay them, to repay the family that had given her so much. Still as a squirrel, she thinks at her mother, “I will defend.” It’s the only thing that makes sense for her to do - while her years in Taiga have allowed her to catch up socially, she would still make a poor diplomat.
    TERRA
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll carry you, and we will live forever; ALL MANDATORY. - by Terra - 03-02-2017, 07:02 PM