• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sweetest sadness in your eyes; contagion

I waited for something and something died
    so I waited for nothing and nothing arrived

She breaks apart from him, if only slightly, the scent of him still thick in her nostrils, still tangled around the whorls of her mind. “That makes me happy,” she says simply, because it is enough to know that he is okay—that she has helped, in whichever manner, to change his day, to make it easier. Experimentally, she reaches forward and brushes her lips against his cheek, a motion at once comforting and innocent.

“I don’t know you well, Contagion,” the name still feels wrong, weighted, but she doesn’t deny him it, “but I think that you deserve to be happy.” She had to think that there were those out there were those out there who deserved it, those who deserved to have their hearts cherished, their love returned.

She had to believe it.

At his next statement, she had to laugh, the noise soft and silver on her tongue. “I don’t know either, but it has been something that’s been a part of me since I was born.” Something that had been ripped away from her, if only briefly, and then pressed back into her chest. “I am glad that you think it is wonderful.” She drops her voice slightly, a secret for the two of them. “I think so too, although I do not say so often.”

How could it not be wonderful to heal? How could it not be wonderful to be given the gift to stitch others back together again? To take broken pieces and create an uninterrupted whole?

Still, she was uncomfortable with the conversation resting on her, and she shifted for a moment before motioning toward the wings that blossomed from his shoulders. “It is wonderful to fly, is it not?” Her own wings transformed at her sides, matching his own, and she ruffled them. “Would you like to go now?”

it's our dearest ally, it's our closest friend
    it's our darkest blackout, it's our final end

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the sweetest sadness in your eyes; contagion - by leliana - 02-26-2017, 11:17 PM