• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long, my luckless romance; any

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Leliana’s confidence in the goodness of others is somewhat refreshing, but it leaves Heartfire feeling the beginning hints of pity for the young girl who is no doubt in for a world of pain. Though they do not appear terribly dissimilar in age, Heartfire has lived far too long for any such naivete. Something that has saved her from any such heartache. It is cynical, perhaps but then, she has seen too much of the world. The callousness she has been privy to is enough to make even the softest hearts hard.

She wishes she could say she is surprised when Leliana’s hopeful statement trails off before she can complete it. Perhaps she could have continued as they had been, could have developed a friendship cloaked in deception. She has been called cold before, but the ice has never extended that deeply. To her, the manner of brutal honesty she so often wields is a kindness, even if it does leave her with few friends.

Though, to be honest, there are probably few others who would view it that way. Honesty is a double edged blade, as Heartfire knows far too well.

And though Leliana might do her very best to hide it, Heartfire can see the pain that name brings. A shock that nearly vibrates through her, no doubt heralded by a hundred questions, each more awful than the last.

For a moment, Heartfire wonders why anyone would give their heart so freely to such a faithless creature. She knows love, and this… this is not it. Attraction, obsession, infatuation, whatever one wanted to call it, she refuses to name it as love. The love she had known had been pure and true. Full of obstacles, certainly, but real love does not cause pain. Not intentionally, at least. And there is no doubt Dovev had been filled with intention.

”I do.” Her response is soft, thoughtful in a way. A small part of her, a very small part still filled with goodness, with kindness, feels sympathy for the brown and red mare. A much larger part pities her. ”Do you love him?”

It shouldn’t matter, but somehow, it does.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    so long, my luckless romance; any - by leliana - 02-13-2017, 03:48 AM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Heartfire - 02-22-2017, 03:26 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-05-2017, 11:32 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-14-2017, 04:26 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Ashley - 03-14-2017, 05:05 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-15-2017, 01:04 AM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Ashley - 03-15-2017, 02:05 AM