• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the things we love destroy us every time; zilpah
    Well, yes, often times the heat does bother her. That’s when she seeks the shade of the oasis and the coolness of the borderland’s red rock caves. But usually as long as there’s a breeze going, and she can get up where the wind cools her down both above and below her wings, she’s ok. Her coat is so thin, and the Akhal-Teke in makes her long and slender. She would fare terribly in the Tundra – probably dead by mid-fall from the cold if we’re being honest.

If she were Yael, she could call the clouds to cover them, but alas, she is not. So Zilpah nods her head towards the interior and says simply, “This way. It’s not too far – see that green thing? It’s where the oasis is.” It was useful to have the oasis fairly within walking distance of the border. Sometimes patrols didn’t arrive for awhile, and that left their guests baking in the heat and quite in need of shade and refreshment.  Like the flopping stallion. She throws a curious glance towards the fellow. “Well… he isn’t crying out in pain or anything. I’ll let my mother know and she can come check on him. If he’s really in trouble, she’ll be able to help. Much more than I could.”

Zilpah sends a thought to Yael, asking her to come check on a stranger at the border, and then starts to move on, making sure Rosalinde is following.

“So what brings you here? Is everything ok at home?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the things we love destroy us every time (zilpah) - by Zilpah - 06-09-2015, 01:58 PM