• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so long, my luckless romance; any

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She has always suffered from a terrible practicality. A pragmatism that has led her effectively, if lovelessly, through life. Though she feels them just as strongly as any other, emotions have never ruled her head. She has buried them deep, tucking them safely away until such a time as they could be let out in the most effective manner. She is a patient mare, one who keeps tight control of herself, refusing to give in to the vagaries of life that leave so many adrift with broken hearts and fractured souls.

She could not pretend to understand the pain this mare felt for someone who had not even been her lover. She is not unsympathetic - she had left love behind once, long, long ago - but that practicality is so constantly at work.

Some might believe Leliana only kind because she did not yet know the truth of who Heartfire is. But Heartfire suspects that is simply her nature, suspects she cannot be any other than kind. So very much the opposite of the blue and white-laced mare. She is far from kind, but neither would she purposely be cruel. Curiosity drives her at this particular moment, though she does not pry into her sight. She could without qualm, but she doesn’t yet feel the need to. Mostly she had approached to assuage a curiosity about the man she had so recently left.

She tips her head a bit as Leliana introduces herself. She doesn’t smile, but her features are not unfriendly. ”Heartfire.” Her own introduction is short, though the word is spoken gently. An offering.

She does not hide her surprise when she feels a sudden warmth trickle through her body, a warmth that eases the faint aches and pains of travel from her body. Ones she might not even have noticed if not for the healing that drifts across her skin. Her blue gaze finds that of Leliana, surprise giving way to question.

”Why would you do that? You do not even know me.” The question is said softly, not accusing, merely curious. Heartfire is so unaccustomed to kindness that she truly wonders why a stranger would do such a thing with no expectation of recompense.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    so long, my luckless romance; any - by leliana - 02-13-2017, 03:48 AM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Heartfire - 02-19-2017, 03:12 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-05-2017, 11:32 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-12-2017, 06:24 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-14-2017, 04:26 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Ashley - 03-14-2017, 05:05 PM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Dovev - 03-15-2017, 01:04 AM
    RE: so long, my luckless romance; any - by Ashley - 03-15-2017, 02:05 AM