• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there is a fire in my belly and beast in my mind; ruan
    Ruan
    His brief snap of teeth only made her laugh, drawing her in to mirror it and pinch at his neck. The movement brought them closer. His skin twitched, his body urging him to put space between them but he held himself there where he'd stopped. Sharp eyes watched her intently as she smiled and brightened, then began to tell him her story without flinching from his hard stare.

And such a strange story it was, with time stopping and a two-legged creature speaking to her. A tale where she had to rescue someone with voices trying to trick her to her own death and a great beast, a griffin, ripping violently into her and spilling the blood at her haunches. She spoke of a white room, a woman trapped and in love, and how she'd single-handedly saved her and returned her to Time. How she'd been given a magic for her reward.

I'm...stronger now. Faster. But I'm tethered by love, anchored by it. She explained the workings of this power to him, that she was more powerful with the more love people had for her, and would weaken with less love. Her eyes met his furrowed brows as he took this in, her strange story. It sounded impossible, but there was open honesty mixed with the adventure in her eyes and so he concluded it was all true.

He shook his head, almost bumping into her with their closeness. That is a lot to go through. Congratulations on your success, and your new gift. He fell silent again, because that was what he always did. He was always so quiet, steadily quiet.

After a long moment, he sighed apologetically and finally stepped back and away from her nearness. Sorry, he began with a grimace, I'm not very good with people. Have you ventured to the Taiga yet? That is where I live. Maybe you'd like to visit sometime. And again, so predictably, he fell silent.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is a fire in my belly and beast in my mind; ruan - by Ruan - 02-19-2017, 12:48 AM