• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch; WYRM

:WYRM:

Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Ahh, there it is. Wyrm had almost forgotten what it felt like to be this much at ease with another living being. From smile to scoff to hesitation, Kudu tells his tale and Wyrm faintly but wholly fades back to his proper self. Unfortunately, the longer the minutes tick by, He’s reminded of exactly how much time the two of them had spent apart. When the blue stallion mentions their mother, Wyrm isn’t long in following his description of her with a rumbling scoff, remembering all too well just how aptly their shared dam had been able to manage them without the help of their wraith-like sire. The shape-changer can see the day that Lupei had slunk between the bushes in his mind like it was yesterday, knowing wordlessly it had been one of the few, last days he’d spent with his fire-wielding brother.

Had it really been so long? But Kudu is talking about their mother again and Wyrm returns to the present, shoulders rolling in a passive shrug. “Lupei disappeared every now and then, and then one day he mentioned something about a half-sister with elemental powers and never came back.” He told him with a flat tone. Let him make whatever he wanted to out of that. His father had lost his interest long ago. There’s a moment of quiet between them and Wyrm can sense that somehow they’re headed into a territory that he’s much more familiar with, one where Kudu’s questions become suddenly so very … pointed.

“How’d I what, brother?” The green stallion feigns, brow rising subtly. The leaves overhead rustle with the help of a soft wind, displacing the patterns of light above them and for a minute the shadows cover his eyes, making it hard to tell if they turn into bright slits. “How’d I get my powers back?” He murmurs, slinking forward in an unnerving fashion. Their power wore off, after a while.” He offers, making lame mention of the faeries. “Then I climbed the mountain and it was like …  a switch,”

His face smooths and he laughs briefly “Off.” He tells him, “And then on again.” He can’t really give him much more than that, but what he can offer is peace of mind - enough to hopefully take the edge out of his sibling’s sharp words. “If you stick around long enough, It’ll happen to you too.” Wyrm says, certain of himself in the way that only the elder twin could be.

HTML by Cal and Toli

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch; WYRM - by Wyrm - 02-14-2017, 01:59 AM