• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there is a fire in my belly and beast in my mind; ruan
    Ruan
    Ruan. She repeated his name, and something in the sound of it had him peering at her curiously. A depth, an awareness. Somewhere beneath the soft brown of her coat was a deep strength, a hidden purpose. Her eyes closed and he studied her. She hummed in pleasure after a few moments, and that, too, was curious. It suits you. A hawk, sharp and wild.

Her eyes roved over his body openly, tracing his contours as he watched her intently in return. She settled over his scars, her head tilting. The movement was familiar, and almost had him mirroring it out of habit. He could feel her eyes there at his damage, feel the shame burn at his skin, in his heart. She was so close he could swear her body heat reached for him, tugged to play with his, but he realized he didn't mind her so distracted with the angry welts at his shoulders. He didn't mind that she saw them, that she examined them so openly. He only minded that she was so very close, and drifting closer.

I am everywhere often. I do not like to stay in one place for long. He nodded, mostly to himself. Wild and free, bound to no one, no place. He could see that for her, the light of adventure in her eye, the restlessness.

Do you have any stories worth telling? I love a good story. She stepped even closer, near and reachable. Black muzzle drifted to her, almost meeting the soft hollow beside her mouth as he took in her scent. Analyzed it, memorized it. Wild. Like him. Beautiful. His teeth suddenly nipped at her, taking a step forward and claiming his space like a wolf to an unruly pup. Blue eyes remained cool, unaffected and calm. No, he said quietly. No stories worth telling tonight. He had never been a story-teller. Had never been much of anything.
    He waited, searching her face.

Do you?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is a fire in my belly and beast in my mind; ruan - by Ruan - 02-11-2017, 02:21 PM