• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all that glitters is gold - Naira

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

Naiara doesn’t look so determined to flee anymore, and while I am far from relaxed, I do pull her closer. Her heart is racing, I can tell, and as she begins her story I pull away so that I can listen.

My eyes surely grow wider as she continues. Some of the words that she uses have no meaning to a wild horse, but it is easy enough to determine what she means. It only gets worse, from abuse to forcing her with stallions she’d no interest in, and by the time she finishes I want nothing more than to find this horrible man and ensure that he meets a slow and painful death.

“I’m sorry,” is all that I can say, knowing that nothing I say can fix the past. “I won’t ever let them take you back.”

I know that my promise is only as good as long as I can keep her safe, and while I am strong, I am not magic.

Magic.

The thought occurs to me and remains, stuck in my mind like a burr I cannot shake. I am not magic, but I know magicians. Camrynn comes to mind first, of course, one of the queens that I serve in the Desert. “I might have something that could help you feel more safe.” I begin, thinking it over even as I speak. “What if we asked a magician to make it so that they cannot find you here? They could enchant the land so that even if you were in plain sight, they would see nothing but empty land?” I do not know the limits of magic, but having seen Camrynn create a living sphinx out of nothing but sand, I cannot imagine that this is something she wouldn’t be able to do.

Messages In This Thread
    all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-03-2015, 04:09 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Naira - 06-04-2015, 12:15 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-06-2015, 10:21 AM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Naira - 06-06-2015, 11:29 AM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-06-2015, 12:12 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Naira - 06-06-2015, 11:49 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-08-2015, 01:31 PM