• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

He is a nosy sort, and far too curious to remain cooped up anywhere for long. It is always one thing or another that leads him away, bringing him to parts unknown. Today, it is his namesake of all things. A small red fox whose shaggy coat matches his own almost perfectly. He is invariably curious. It’s his first chance encounter with such a creature, and, given his name, he is understandably intrigued.

At first he doesn’t quite realize he has left home. He is busy following the small creature, doing his best to keep up with it’s scampering form. It’s a bit difficult, given that he is so much larger than this animal and has a much harder time fitting in some of the same spaces. But he manages. A time or two, he fears he might have lost it, but somehow he always manages to pick up it’s trail again (of course, the trail of snow he had placed on it’s tail helps with that. Really, all he needs to do is follow that meandering, melting line).

So when he does finally come up short, understanding sinking in that this is no longer home, he is quite lost. No doubt he could find his way home should he really try, but being lost is so much more fun. With an entire, wide world of new sights and scents and sounds to explore, how could one not be a bit excited?

Though he does not know it yet, it is quite his fortune to have come across the meadow. It is a place that teems with life, calling to the curious, gregarious soul that resides in the youthful red colt. With a wag of his short, fluffy tail and a haphazard grin, he trots forward, eager to discover this brand new place.

Fox

@[Laura] <33

Messages In This Thread
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by Fox - 02-02-2017, 02:52 PM