• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  all of my devils are free at last; any

all of my devils are free at last
    all my secrets revealed

Her bright smile broadens as she turns the full weight of her attention onto her newest acquaintance. She ducks her head a bit beneath his compliments, gray eyes drifting downwards a bit bashfully until she forces them back up to meet his. His words are soft and smoothly spoken, apologies freely offered for any fright he might have given her.

Shaking her head a bit, she laughs wryly before demuring, ”Oh no. You did not disturb me at all. I was just a bit… well, distracted.”

Shifting, she glances at the trees around her. They are redolent with scent, busy with birds that fly to and fro and the occasional flicker of a small woodland creature scurrying through the brush. As far as she can tell, there is no one else nearby. They are quite alone.

Which is good, because she is not entirely certain she should be sharing stories of her recent escapades. But Orion is so friendly and sweet. She feels she could quite comfortably share her secrets with him (though she has few).

”You see,” she continues, glancing furtively around once more before her gaze jumps back to the gray stallion. ”I just came from… somewhere else.” Her gaze turns a bit distant as she tries to figure out a good way to explain where she had been. Abruptly, she shakes her head once more and lets out another soft laugh. ”You know, I’m not entirely sure I can explain where I was. Far, far away, I suspect.”

She smiles then, gaze turning once again slightly bashful. ”I apologize for going on so,” she goes on, a bit deprecatingly this time. ”I’m just bursting I suppose. Can’t seem to keep it to myself.”

divide

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all of my devils are free at last; any - by Divide - 01-30-2017, 04:35 PM