• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any
    Zora
    Mare | 2yrs | Andalusian | Cremello

Zora snorted as she continued to scan the area, eyeing the other horses and buzzing insects. Her glower hadn't lessened, perhaps even growing worse. Lack of activity had settled within her bones, the youth aching for something to do. Perhaps she could entice a buzzing little bug to race? Maybe prance her way on up to another filly or colt and create a game to play? Or she could just continue standing where she was, scowling at any who fell under her annoyed blue orbs.

If mother was here, she'd indulge in Zora's restlessness, taking a walk through the land for any holes or divets in the ground. Once the pale mare had traced a safe path, she would've challenged her offspring to a race, let Zora speed off into the meadow she stood in. The thought of her mother... it had Zora shuffling, blue growing dark with guilt and sadness though her scowl remained in place. She'd be disappointed with her attitude, no doubt. Zora was old enough to be away from her parental figure, now anyways. But the two had been close, only having each other in their travels. Now, Zora was alone.

The grass rustled, though Zora chose to ignore it. She was too focused on her thoughts, too focused on how things would be, should be. But the stocks continued its loud noise, disrupting her thoughts and soon, a figure's shadow blocked the sunlight. It had Zora's head turning, tilting to eye the one who'd decided to come near her. Her audits perked at attention, blue orbs growing wide in surprise and wonder. His words floated right over her head, the filly too focused on who stood before her. It was.. a winged horse. A bay, winged horse! His black wings were tucked tightly against his sides, the grass bending farther too accommodate them. Zora shuffled back as she turned to face him fully, eyes locked on the flight capable appendages.

"Whooaa..." She breathed, her eyes finally flicking to the stallions face. A broad smile broke across her maw. "You're like.. me!" The youth crow hopped, a delighted laugh bubbling and spilling forth. "I mean, you're not like me, me. But you're different, like me!" The idea of another being like herself sounded preposterous, or it had up until now. Zora had yet to meet anyone who didn't look like any other horse out there. They never had horns or wings or anything! But he did, this stranger. He did and it totally awed the youth to know this. So a happy dance was in order. Zora hopped and swung her body in an excited circle, careful of the other's space. Her tail flicked happily, her forelock swishing with each turn of her head. And then she froze. Because she was in company. And two year olds weren't supposed to act like such kids.

Zora straightened as quickly as she had begun her dance, coughing like she hadn't just pulled such a dorky move. Pale hooves took little steps back, blue eyes looking at anything but the stallion in front of her. Great first impression, Zora... She cleared her throat after a moment, remembering he'd spoken to her right before her little excited display. A meek grin tugged the corners of her pink lips, a sheepish look taking on her form. "Awe... I'm sorry... I got a bit distracted... Could you uh.. repeat that?" Real great first impression.

The things that make me different, make me...
    me.
    html © dante.

Messages In This Thread
    A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any - by Zora - 01-22-2017, 12:04 PM
    RE: A Loyalty Like No Other; Brennen, Any - by Zora - 01-22-2017, 09:22 PM