• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Unearthed Beauty

His name meant something, he remembered his mother whispering it into his ear when he felt the cold of the world hit him. Deny. Negate. Back then it was just fuzz in his mind, but now he understood. She denied him from a young age, Amnesia wanted no one, she had no fault in her son himself, but she bore memories. like daggers they burred holes into her weakening mind. She had once said to him that she had seen her mother near enough kill her firstborn. It was her firstborn, a piebald mare, that she knew not if she was dead or alive. Her second born, a black daughter, she was taken by her mother; she was somewhere now, just like the rest of his large family. Her father, Amnesia knew nothing about. She caught glimpses, but told Nier nothing. Nier knew not a great deal, other than tales told by his mother and most of them were not as clear as he'd guessed.

He did not want his children to suffer the same fate as him. And he felt quite a sudden strangeness in him broaden, expand like some disease. Was it some sort of care, he was feeling? for those that haven't even sparked life, let alone bear thinking of? he then touched her neck then, a smooth whiskered nuzzle. IT was strange, how he was finding comfort. But the Demon within him stretched his fang like jowls and pulled him back, his words held no emotion, but he kept his soft muzzle against her, feeling her warmth beneath him.

"I remember things, sometimes they come like daggers to my eyes. But everything I remember gives me no insight to where I come from. Apparently, according to my mother, I am from a line of unwanted children, I also come from a string of failures." he snorted then, but it turned into a cackle like laugh, it smoothed, turned into a low whicker. "Of course, I refuse to be a failure."

His greying head turned to her, he pressed his muzzle into the smooth ridge between her withers and her shoulder. he stayed there for several moments, breathing, silent. It was nice. silence. just her steady heartbeat ringing in his ears.

"Maybe we can. Maybe we can." he agreed, but his eyes were closed. There was some enjoyment, some memory of what happiness felt like in his numb heart. It might have been fleeting, but he felt it. and he kept like that for quite some time.

• tyrael x amnesia • wings, invisibility • alpha of gemstone ridge •
    html by charmx, image by james porto

Messages In This Thread
    Unearthed Beauty - by LightningBlueStar - 05-30-2015, 04:50 PM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by Nier - 05-31-2015, 03:25 AM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by LightningBlueStar - 05-31-2015, 07:19 AM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by Nier - 06-01-2015, 05:56 AM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by LightningBlueStar - 06-01-2015, 10:56 AM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by Nier - 06-01-2015, 01:55 PM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by LightningBlueStar - 06-01-2015, 04:45 PM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by Nier - 06-02-2015, 01:12 PM
    RE: Unearthed Beauty - by LightningBlueStar - 06-02-2015, 06:03 PM