• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  all of my devils are free at last; any

all of my devils are free at last
    all my secrets revealed

For her entire life, she had been a wanderer. Small feet carrying her through far-reaching fields and close, sheltered glens. Her life had been a blur of days, of sunrises and birdsong, of sunsets and stormclouds. Until Time had found her, snatching her from her cozy little world and placing her on a perilous path.

Somehow, she had arrived victorious. Somehow, she had braved terrors and defeated monsters. The small girl of purple-red and gray, with no particular abilities or special skills, had faced fear, had faced death, and won.

She hasn’t yet realized she has returned to this world changed. Different in a wholly fundamental way that would no doubt affect the entirety of her future. But she soon would, and oh what a glory it would be. For now though, she is a simple girl basking in one of life’s simple joys. Her bones are weary, and though skin has been knitted and healed, she can still feel the phantom pain of bruised and torn flesh. But she is happy. Truly, remarkably happy.

She could finally say that she has accomplished something. That her life has given meaning to another.

When a newcomer speaks beside her, she starts rather violently, delicately formed head whipping around, small frame shying sideways, and gray eyes widening in alarm. The light abruptly dissipates, scattering into the ether as though it had never been.

Breathing out a laugh, she shakes her head as her eyes catch on the dipped head of pale stallion. One whose words are mild and quaintly spoken. Not to mention quite flattering.

She is not used to being flattered.

She offers him a bit of a wry smile, her puce form relaxing as the realization sinks in that no threat is imminent. ”Oh no,” she responds, a faint note of humor evident in her voice. ”I am none of those things, I promise you.”

She smiles then, a true, deep smile filled with natural warmth. ”I’m Divide. It’s nice to meet you Orion.”

divide

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all of my devils are free at last; any - by Divide - 01-18-2017, 04:59 PM