• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can see a lot of life in you; Aranea

He could recognize the hesitation; he could even understand it.

Although the Mountain was the key to life here for many, it was all a prison. All the gifts that had been once given so freely to the residents of Beqanna had been bled from them and then placed within the heart of the Mountain, and that is where they remained. Magnus had no gifts to be removed from him; he had nothing to be stolen, nothing to plead for. But he had been on the Mountain twice. The first time when he had awoken with the rest of Beqanna, dazed, bleeding and confused, unsure of his location. The second when he’d made the long, hazardous trek next to Offspring to petition for the land they stood on.

So he could understand why she would hesitate.

Still, he took a step toward her as she took that small step back, his breath expelling softly in reassurance as he nudged her neck softly, his gold-flecked eyes kind. “It will be okay,” his voice was warm and filled the air between them as he swung his body around so that they could be side-by-side, facing the border. “It is not a terribly long journey to the top, and I will be there next to you every step of the way.” He may not be able to do much, but he would make sure that she was safe throughout the entire trek.

Holding the hope in his heart, ignoring any fear that Woolf had been lying to him, Magnus nodded to her and then stepped forward, glancing back at her with a roguish smile. “I’m ready when you are.”

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

I figured you could post on the Mountain next? Or just do it OOC and we can post back here when it's done.

Up to youuuu! Smile
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can see a lot of life in you; Aranea - by magnus - 01-14-2017, 09:32 PM